- Our Goals
Welcome and Support International Students at Appalachian
- Promote Appalachian internationally via social media, pamphlets, videos, word of mouth, and etc.
- Enhance the experience of students who come to Appalachian
- Pick the students up at the airport and help OIED with international orientation
- Provide greater support while studying here
- Increase awareness of ways to get involved at Appalachian
- Provide on and off campus activities
- Arrange trips for dorm supplies, food, etc.
- Provide support for students to travel outside of Boone
- Develop solid, long-term relationships with international students
Encourage Students to Study Abroad
- Work closely with the Office of International Education and Development (OIED)
- Participate in study abroad fairs and open houses with OIED
- Establish a presence through office hours
- Promote ASU as an internationally focused university through outreach
- Construct and promote scholarships, internships, and career opportunities through close ties with study abroad alumni
- Encourage domestic students to participate in our events
Internationalize Appalachian’s Campus
- Organize events such as, Global Exchange, Coffee Buzz 5K, International Meet & Greet, etc.
- Publicize internationally focused clubs and organizations and their events
- Encourage international students to become involved in other clubs and organizations
- Generate liaisons between internationally focused organizations and communities at ASU